Asia Pacific Regional Education
We aim to become a resource hub, hosting and linking resources for education in the Asia Pacific Region. We will be hosting discussions about education and the Course of Study. Our primary task is the active development of the Regional Course of Study.
We are aiming to develop materials for the education of pastors, including, audio, video, art, maps, written materials, and others that will contribute to a pastor’s ability to equip their congregation for service to and in the community.
Your input and willingness to volunteer are greatly needed. We welcome comments, materials, improvements to this site or to any of the materials. Whatever catches your interest we are wanting to hear from you. We will review suggestions and materials before posting them. Comments are welcome and posted quickly.
This site is aimed at professional educators and others interested in education of pastors. We welcome discussion, input, creative additions, even lively opinions! We ask that all comments be made respecting the person and only dealing with the ideas under discussion.
We will host links to completed materials and resources that will mainly be in the Wesleyan Holiness Digital Library. Resources that are school specific will be linked back to that school
- We affirm that our purpose is to make Christlike disciples who multiply.
- We affirm the role and the equipping of the priesthood of all believers.
- We affirm that theological education is about developing Christlike characters in
- We affirm that theological education begins in the local church with intentional
- We affirm that the model we desire to promote and endorse is the Emmaus
- Journey Model.
- We affirm that in this new and varied educational model we need to create space
- for intentional community.
- We affirm that the theological education process must be relational.
- We affirm that the educational process is a shared responsibility between the
- educators, the church, the mentors, and District Ministerial Studies Board and
- District Credentials Board.
- We affirm the catalytic role of faculty in the development of students.
- We affirm the need for transformation development of college boards,
- administration, and faculty members to develop the character of students.
- We affirm the importance of Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition and
- We are affirm that we are most effective when we collaborate across the region.